Cotswold and Oxford Tours offer walking and driving tours of the Cotswolds and Shakespeare country.
“Tabby provided our group of six with two days of guided tours in the Western Cotswolds and a day tour of Oxford, and we can’t praise her too highly.” (‘All the gang’ from Richmond, Virginia, USA and Harpenden UK)
Come on one of our tours to experience a local’s viewpoint of the Cotswolds. Discover hidden gems you would not find by yourself.
Choose one of the following tours, or we can develop a bespoke tour for you – just contact us.
Walk in the Cotswolds & visit Hook Norton Brewery
- Take a walk in the beautiful North Cotswolds.
- Our guide will take you down quiet country footpaths around the village of Hook Norton
- Visit the local traditional English Brewery which has been run by the same family for over 160 years.
Walk along part of the Cotswold Way
- Enjoy a walk along part of the Cotswold Way.
- The Cotswold Way is 102 mile (164 km) footpath that runs from Chipping Campden to Bath.
Walk from Winchcombe
- This walk through Cotswold history takes you to a 5,000 year old ancient Neolithic burial mound.
- Discover more about Katherine Parr, the last of Henry VIII’s six wives who lived in Sudeley Castle and is buried in the chapel.
TOURS OF SHAKESPEARE COUNTRY
Step in Shakespeare’s Footprints
- Explore Stratford-upon-Avon where William Shakespeare, Britain’s famous playwright, was born. See the houses lived in by Shakespeare and his family.
- What were they like? Why did Shakespeare change his will before he died?
- You could include a visit to Shakespeare’s school or the house where he was born.
Costs are based on fees recommended by the Guild of Tourist Guides
It is advisable to take out travel insurance.
Terms follow the guidelines set by the British Guild of Tourist Guides.
Cancellations by client
- 10 days prior to commencement of tour 50% of fee
- 4 days (96 hours) or less prior to commencement of tour 100% of fee
Entrance to sites is not included.
You will also need to cover the cost of any transport and refreshments.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
I would recommend:
- good walking shoes
- waterproof clothing or sunscreen and sun hat (Britain is famous for its changeable weather)
- bottle of water