Cotswold and Oxford Tours offer walking tours of Oxford with a local guide.
The city is really quiet at the moment so now is an excellent time to visit.
Choose one of the following tours, or we can develop a bespoke tour for you – just contact us
The Jewels of Oxford
- Explore the city’s hidden lanes with a local Oxford guide.
- Nearly all Oxford’s colleges are closed due to Covid-19.
- the only college that is open is Christchuch – prebooking is essential.
Find out about Oxford’s eccentric customs, the history of the university and what life is like for a student today.
- Oxford played a starring role in the TV series Inspector Morse, Lewis and Endeavour, which were inspired by the novels of local author the late Colin Dexter.
- Sleuth out filming locations around the city with one of our guides.
- You could have a drink in one of the pubs loved by Inspector Morse or find out where Hathaway drank a cup of poisoned coffee.
In which Oxford college did the young Endeavour develop fear of heights?
Oxford has played an important part in lives of many scientists. Find out about:
- the only British woman to be awarded a Nobel Prize for science.
- Robert Boyle of Boyle’s Law
- the scientist who came up with the idea for using a canaries in coalmines.
An Oxford Experience: Punting
- If you have more than a couple of hours in Oxford why not have a go at punting.
- It is one of the most beautiful ways to see the river and is great fun.
Costs are based on fees recommended by the Guild of Tourist Guides
It is advisable to take out travel insurance.
Terms follow the guidelines set by the British Guild of Tourist Guides.
Cancellations with less than 7 days notice will incur a charge.
Entrance to Oxford colleges and other sites is not included.
You will also need to cover the cost of any transport and refreshments.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
We would recommend:
- good walking shoes
- waterproof clothing or sunscreen and sun hat (Britain is famous for its changeable weather)
- bottle of water