Cotswold and Oxford Tours offer walking tours of Oxford with a local Blue Badge Tourist Guide.
I was born and bought up in Oxford let me introduce you to my home city.
Follow link to my Eventbrite pages:
For a 2 hour tour of Oxford at 10:30 on Mon 9th August, Mon 16th August & Mon 23rd August.
Cost £18 per person.
Please book public tours 24 hours in advance.
Private Oxford Walking Tours
If you would like a private tour choose one of the following tours, or I can develop a tailor made tour for you – just contact me
The Jewels of Oxford Tour
- Explore the Oxford’s hidden lanes with a local guide.
- Visit an Oxford college (most colleges are closed at present due to Covid-19).
Find out about Oxford’s eccentric customs, the history of the university and what life is like for a student today.
Murderous Oxford Tour
Oxford has played a starring role in the TV series Inspector Morse, Lewis and Endeavour, inspired by the novels of local author, Colin Dexter.
- Sleuth out filming locations around the city.
- Have a drink in one of the pubs loved by Inspector Morse or find out where Hathaway drank a cup of poisoned coffee.
- In which Oxford college did the young Endeavour develop his fear of heights?
Oxford Scientists Tour
Oxford has played an important part in lives of many scientists.
Take a walking tour to discover:
- The only British woman who’s been awarded a Nobel Prize for science.
- A rude Royal doctor
- The scientist who came up with the idea for using a canaries in coalmines.
An Oxford Experience: Punting
- If you have more than a couple of hours in Oxford – have a go at punting.
- As a local is one of my favourite ways to spend an afternoon.
Costs are based on fees recommended by the Guild of Tourist Guides
It is advisable to take out travel insurance.
Terms follow the guidelines set by the British Guild of Tourist Guides.
Cancellations with less than 7 days notice will incur a charge.
Entrance to Oxford colleges and other sites is not included.
You will also need to cover the cost of any transport and refreshments.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
We would recommend:
- good walking shoes
- waterproof clothing or sunscreen and sun hat (Britain is famous for its changeable weather)
- bottle of water